When I rebooted my blog last year I was in the midst of a of fountain pen obsession. I was researching, diving into the community, learning about pens, paper, and ink. I developed an italic calligraphy, and a new much more legible cursive. However now that frenzy has fallen away. It left me with this set of pens:
My complete set of fountain pens is:
- Pelikan M1005 Demonstrator - XF and B nibs
- Karas Kustom Ink - Blue with Copper section
- Karas Kustom Ink - Green with Brass section
- Pilot Vanishing Point - Matte Black w/binderized ItaliFine nib
- Lamy Safari Black
- Lamy Al-Star Black Limited Edition
- TWSBI Vac 700 Smoke
- Jinhao X750
I generally only ever use the Pelikan and the Karas pens. The only pen I wanted that I never obtained was the older Omas 360 Silver Demonstrator.
It was a fascinating diversion for a time, but now it is just a source of writing tools that are a delight to use.